1. Elephants are the largest land mammal in the world
2. Elephants are herbivores: they eat only plants, grass and fruit – they don’t eat meat.
3. Elephants are vulnerable to sunburn
4. Elephants are the only that cannot jump.
5. Elephants can swim. They can use their trunk to breathe like a snorkel in water.
6. Elephants experience many of the same emotions as people do such as grieving – something only humans do
7. Elephants are afraid of sounds and small, fast objects they can’t locate such as small dogs.
Make elephants are a positive part of your life through jewellery or homeware. Visit www.justelephants.co.uk/store for some great elephant-themed gift idea.